View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2007, 01:38 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
Hmmm... I see your point. Though I don't think the insta-win will ever come up. If its 1 v 1 against Chameleon then he will be able to be attacked since he would copy the other figure's powers. And if it's Chameleon with a dead guys powers vs someone then as soon as you put an order marker on Chameleon you loose the dead guy's powers. Maybe I could fix the insta-win by saying, "Before moving with Chameleon, you must choose..." That way he cannot keep a dead figure's powers for too long.
It's not the insta-win I'm most concerned about (although a Chamelion/Red Skull build might be able to make it happen more often than you think-- once the copied figure dies and Chamelion is untouchable, never activate him again!) but the insta-frustration. I can copy a Knight of Weston waaayyy across the map and beat up on whoever I want until one of them trudges over to kill me. I can copy a hero who's locked down by cyberclaw so that he can't get loose to attack me. It's not unbeatable, it just seems like it would lead to strategies that are un-fun for the other player. A figure should be fun for both sides. It's not fun when you can attack your own Braxas, but not the opponent's figure that's copying her.
I see. What if I changed it to something similar. I wanted Chameleon to have the feeling like you didn't know which figure to attack, that he was that good at copying others. How about this:

"If a figure friendly to a figure with an Imitation Marker on its army card targets Chameleon for an attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 7 or higher Chameleon may not be targeted for this attack. FIgures with an Imitation Marker on there card do not roll for Real or Imposter?"