View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2019, 06:51 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 0] UNIT NAME (Jace, Investigator) - Design

I could see a version of the boost with only a chance to damage him as workable. The chance for that and the power of the boost can always be fiddled with.

Is that a concession you would be able to make in addition to making Brainjack (or maybe we should call it mindjack, for more universal theme? Life Drain is not Blood Drain after all) give you a chance to roll off of a wound? In my mind, the tactical interest of a risky attack boost is very much tied up with that. I haven't found any other versions of Brainjack compelling--requiring adjacency feels odd for hacking and cyberstuff, having it inflict a free wound would bump the roll up even higher, and Captain Stupendous's suggestion is intriguing but perhaps a bit too complicated (it reads like a C3G power, which is not a bad thing, but won't fit smoothly into a master set that might be someone's introduction to the game).

So, are we interested in workshopping a version of Neural Stimulant with a chance to wound and Brainjack requiring a wound to activate, or are there some things we need to work out here before moving in that direction?