View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2021, 10:55 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

I can't say that I'm a huge fan of Nenet. First, I doubt this is intentional, but its worth pointing out that the current wording of Summon the Night affects Nenet herself, and more problematically, stacks with each turn she takes up to a max of +3 move and attack!

However, assuming that the bonus is not intended to stack or affect herself, I still have some concerns. I agree that bonding with Varkaanan is worrying; I've played enough Greyspears to know that they really don't need any more ways to boost their attack, especially one as easy as this

However, I also don't like what she brings to Badru builds because of the way she would make them less interesting to play. Currently, even though they're underpowered, the Badru face a nice tension each turn deciding whether or not to use their potentially powerful Pounce SA. The two primary reasons that a player would choose to use Pounce are 1: when there's a priority target that's unable to be engaged using the Badru's normal move, and 2: when there's a priority target that's unlikely to be killed by the Badru's normal attack.

Increasing the Badru's normal move and attack makes both of these scenarios less likely to occur, tipping the balance of tension to the point where I think using Pounce would rarely be the best choice.

Thanks for designing with the greater community in mind; as a Badru fan I'm always excited to see more Darklord options and Wolf synergy, but I don't think this is the best direction for such a design.