View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2019, 01:18 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Hot take: it IS possible to play with unpainted minis.
I haven't started the new 7th Continent stuff yet because the minis aren't painted!
I so want to play 7th Continent. Is it as good as advertised?

(And, yes, I know it's a card game ....).
I don't know if you thought I was making a joke, but it does actually have minis for the player characters, and tiny little campfires. The new expansion has more, too.

But yes, it's an absolute joy to play. I haven't played as much as I'd want to yet (Gloomhaven stole the spotlight for a while).

It honestly feels more like a puzzle game, like an Escape room in a box. Sure each player can have their own character, but you're all working together to explore. There's not even real player TURNS. Whoever wants to do an action can just do it. Everyone talks about the best order to do things, and what they think the clues mean, and then try not to die.

It's just so unique. I wish it was more widely available since I'd love everyone to experience it. The creators are using the same game system for future games (They announced in a note in the new box), so at least it'll have spiritual successors even if this one will become harder and harder to find.

I'm hoping in 10 years I can sell it for a million bucks.