View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2019, 01:11 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Post Re: Gencon 2019 Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I do think IS was playing the best Heroscape of anyone at Gencon last weekend. He didn't lose a game and won some really tough ones (pulled out an incredible win vs. Dysole with a single Nakita vs 7 squad figures starting in his own startzone, beat Matthias Spiders vs Heavies).

Top 4 is a bit silly of a way to think about it given Heroscape's strange cultural state as a discontinued game that we get together to play. But also no one was really thinking about Heroscape skill that way. Caps was mostly just complaining that he was matched against Heroscape celebrities in Day 2 who are always tough to beat
Well, he had the matchup vs Ken. Spiders and Wyverns destroy the splash armies we create, because the whole point of splash armies is a gradual positioning game with different pieces. Spiders are actually a really hard counter for those armies (Ken had told me that he was running them and I tested them, those games aren’t even close).

But otherwise, yeah. He was definitely on top of his game this year. Last year was Matthew’s year, this year it was Nathan’s. Ken is still probably the best player at GenCon, especially given that he plays even less than myself or the Ash’s play (I play about 10 games outside GenCon each year, Ken plays about 0).
I didn't really have a splash army, though. I had 2xRats, 2xHSBs, Raelin, and Brandis. Most of that army has 4 defense *outside* of Raelin's aura. A tough matchup for spiders.

I played them poorly, though.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV