View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2016, 06:48 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Nightcrawler (Kurt Darkholme) (Breathing)

I really like where this design ended up. Thematic and cool.

I would tweak some of his numbers down a little though:
1) A base move of 7 seems high. Normally we only give that much move to someone with well above human speed. 6 feels more thematically appropriate.
2) I'd drop the base Bamf! Teleport move to 3, then bump the single jump bonus to +7. Otherwise, as-is, there's almost never a reason to use the single jump of 10 spaces when you can do three jumps of 4 getting you to 12 spaces (and also allowing you to use Ruthless Teleportation 2 more times).
3) Comparing him to Archangel (a similar mutant with high-speed and the ability to auto-wound up to 3 targets while moving, who is 260 points), a D20 roll of 15+ feels low. We can wait and see how things go in testing, but I feel he should stay in the low 200s, in which case I expect his D20 roll will need to come up towards 17+.

Other than those points, I think this design is really solid as-is.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!