View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2008, 11:06 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Eclipse's Maps (New thread! New format! 7/11/08)

Marvel Heroes - Small Brawl(Download)

This map was originally made as a challenge to see what I could do under the limits of a single Marvel masterset. It actually turned out pretty great for Marvel only games. The small starting zone works great for hero only matches and things keep in close to keep the action fast and furious.

The few bits of height that are scattered around present a few interesting options for maneuvering, but the ruin is generally the best sniping position. Heroes seeking to avoid Iron Man's wrath can break through the wall or run to the corner and keep out of range.

This map was also when I discovered one of my favorite tricks with the ruin. By placing it on the edge of the map, the area inside acts as a vault of sorts, that may only be accessed by breaking down the wall. This makes attacks against the wall worthwhile simply because there is no other means of getting in.

The vault makes for a great place for glyphs. One secondary scenario I love is a robbery scenario. Villains must break in and get the glyphs inside the vault and return to the starting zone while heroes try to stop them. For the basic free for all scenario, however, I simply treat the glyphs as +Attack/+Defense options.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Happy 'Scaping!

Last edited by Eclipse; July 11th, 2008 at 11:46 PM.