View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2021, 05:16 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Some battlefield pictures and reports from the game chas mentioned above:

Game 1: Law vs. Shadow
@chas let me try out some of my untested cards. First up was "The Namesakes," a group of Lawmen who are descendants of some official Heroes. You can see the cards (and read the story, if you're so inclined) here.

My army was:
Lt. Jane Murphy
Det. Addison Carr
Det. James Woo
Det. Joan Sullivan
Sgt. Al McCreech (called "Bullock" throughout the game once we remembered the name of the Batman figure)
Ofc. Daniel Maverick
78th Precinct Patrolmen x 2.5

The long arm of the law, in the start zone:

Here is the nice paint job that chas did on Pelloth to make a Xundar:

Appropriate proxies for the shadow things and the Varja:

Det. Carr surrounded by 2 Shadow Binders and a Shadow Hound:

Det. Woo takes on Xundar and a Shadow Hound:

The Lawmen did pretty well. There's a *lot* of synergy, which means a lot to keep track of. On one order marker, I might end up taking two Lawmen hero turns, moving figures with Lawmen Dispatch, and using Call for Backup to get my patrolmen into the mix. But they mesh together well. Ofc. Maverick, descendant of Deadeye Dan, certainly earned his points using Sharpshooter to take out the Varja. Sgt. McCreech (not Guilty!) huffed and puffed his way to a center island, but got knocked out pretty early. Det. Carr held his own, but it was Det. Woo who ended up using his martial arts skills to save the day.

Game 2: Vamps vs. Golems
I next tried out some of my vampire customs, namely Morbius Esenwein, Marcu Esenwein Uncursed, my card for @Son of Arathorn 's Ileyana Esenwein, and the Bat Swarm. You can see those customs here.

I was eager to see how Marcu Esenwein Uncursed would do. At the beginning of Round 2, the Esenwein Curse returned! So much for that. The vamps were pretty powerful, and Ileyana's Vampiric Domination took out several of chas' figures. I didn't get a chance to test out the Bat Swarm, so it remains to be seen if it works (and if it's underpriced).

Game 3: Golems vs. Golems.
chas re-ran his Golem army, and I brought up some of my Golem customs (which you can see here), along with the Iron Golem and Augamo. Augamo fell quickly, and the Iron Golem was no match for Breach. Without stone or sand terrain, the Stone Golem and Sand Golem were hampered, and my golems splintered into pieces before the onslaught from Breach and Lilja.

A great night of 'Scape, and it was fun to get to test out my customs!