View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2019, 03:14 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] Glyph of Healing - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
While the AotP style would provide something new, I feel like it just has too many issues. If it heals the Hero every OM they get, it's far, far better with Q9, Nilf, etc. If it heals the Hero at the end of every round, it becomes a perch for cheerleaders. While these can be mitigated somewhat by map placement, that applies to literally every glyph, so IMO we're better off doing something else that doesn't rely on that crutch.
I agree that putting it on every OM wouldn't feel very good. Not only does it primarily boost certain figures like Q9, but it also provides very little benefit to most bonding armies of any kind if it requires an OM on that hero to activate. Given that they're one of the most common types of armies (or other, bonding-esque types of designs), I think that this version wouldn't find much use.

Removing the OM requirement does address that concern, but then you run into stuff like Gilbert sitting on the glyph and reinforcing his knights. I'm not a big fan of making another glyph that really only makes strong units stronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
  • Making it a temporary glyph like Kelda, but instead of fully healing the figure who stops on it, you remove 1 wound from all wounded heroes you control. That mostly encourages hero-heavy armies, which is nice.
One of my concerns here is that it may be too niche. Outside of Elven Wizard builds, many armies only have a handful of Unique Heroes (or even none at all), so I can't see it being used as much as the once-per-round healing version in the long run. We've certainly had niche glyphs before, but this might be a step too far.

Additionally, it's structurally quite similar to Recall (temporary glyph that any figure can land on to achieve a small conditional heal for the army). Past Master Sets have generally had a good variety of glyphs that feel different, so having "small 'heal' for squads" and "small heal for heroes" might be a bit disappointing.

That all said, this kind of an all hero heal is more likely to find use in the AotV box, given the nature of the standalone units that we're making. I'm willing to move forward with this and see if it does end up feeling too similar to Recall.