View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2007, 10:10 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
You should make it a league...set up a season schedule and then maybe playoffs. I would keep the Marvel out of it.
I agree with keeping Marvel figures out, I only mentioned it because of the tiles, which I may need just to make the maps.

Quote:
If you get 8 kids you need 8 maps..so each kid has their own "home field"...they will then play 1/2 of their games on the same map and get use to it which will give them an "advantage" later in the season...I dont know how many weeks you have to do this in but with 8 kids you would have a 14 week season.
I guess we have until the end of the school year, so that would be about 22 weeks or so. Enough for a season. I like this idea. And it should keep the kids interested.

Quote:
Also if you treat it like a season then you can allow them to draft all of the available figures but they can only bring an army up to 500 points to the table. Maybe even allow trades.
Not sure if this will work. I'm guessing that some of the kids will have more knowledge of all of the figures (like my son) versus a new kid who doesn't know much. That could lead to a long drawn out drafting session. Plus I'd have to keep each kids total armies seperate and then they would have to spend precious time each week picking the 500 points they want to play. I think I'd rather have them pick a 500 point team and stick with it for a few weeks, and then re-draft. That way they can try out different figures.

Overall I like the season idea, thanks Onacara! I have some time to figure this out because I don't think we will start until after the new year.