View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2018, 11:26 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Hexscape 3D Heroscape (new thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

Is this not the current version of HexScape? This is the one I've been using recently.

I also have a version that looks more like Astro's screenshot, and I can load figures and armies in both.

Neither seems to say which version it is anywhere, though.
The current version of Hexscape (2.0.0-alpha) has the cards on the left side of the screen. The main changes have to do with camera views.

I tried to install 2.0.0-alpha on my home computer but couldn't get it to install correctly. Then I uninstalled the older version of Hexscape and installed 2.0.0-alpha and it worked fine.

There is a naming issue with the Axegrinders, and Raelin SotM has an issue--so I'll be posting an update. I can also post how to fix it manually without reinstalling assets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I was originally using the 1.1.3 Beta from the HexScape thread when I first saw the error, but after this thread was posted, I saw that there is a 2.0 version available and uninstalled the previous version to download this one. I'm getting the same error, though, which makes me wonder if I'm missing an asset file somewhere.

I looked through the HeroScape Classic Assets file and saw that it seems to contain all of the figures, but I don't remember seeing data for the terrain. Is that all handled exclusively by the VirtualScape files whenever they're loaded?
The terrain tiles are only .bmp picture files. There are 3D objects for the rock outcroppings, trees, etc...

Maybe it's because you're using an Apple computer? It works fine on my home computer (windows and my work computer (windows 7). This is really a @Lyrgard question.