Old February 15th, 2012, 02:41 AM

CanScape has disabled reputation
Re: How to Clean Terrain Tiles Safely?

[quote=ForeverWar;1560554]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanScape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwDriver View Post
Unless maybe it's from a smoker's house, but even then, I think the colour of the tiles would be the least of your problems...stinky tiles trumps yellowing, I'd say.
Surprisingly, no. I bought some snow tiles that were clearly from a smoker's house. The stink washes right out with a firm scrubbing.

Following up re: figures, I have something to report, as well as a question.

I experimented with washing Zettian Guards, base and all. The sticker on the base appeared to absorb water but once it had an hour or two to dry out there did not seem to be long term bad effects .

For my question: how do you pop figs off their bases without breaking them? Even though the bases don't seem to get badly water damaged, it still would be nice to scrub the figs separately.
Not possible...I'm not even sure how to rebase them (see the customs threads) but I'm pretty sure that they're glued in pretty good. You'll wreck the sticker for sure.

Just dip em in warm water and use a soft scrub brush, don't get the base wet and you should be fine. I don't chance the damage to the paper bases, so I just hit em up with a dry paint brush if any dust accumulates. I've seen some pretty dusty figs, much of my collection was bought used. They must have been setup somewhere for a while, but the paint brush works great.