View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2018, 12:00 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!
Re: SIEGE's AotP Converted Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIEGE View Post
Thank you again for the feedback and ideas, itsbuzzy and gatormustang. I updated the cards based on your input.

For the spell cards, I plan to think through some possible rules too. If I get any good ideas, I'll share them with you.

As for multi life squads, I think I have a solution. My theory is that AotP figures (both squads and heroes) have inflated Life values compared to Heroscape to account for the numerous auto-wound abilities present in AotP. Removing the auto-wounding abilities requires reducing the Life values slightly to account for this.

My solution is: Drop the Life of heroes with 6 or more Life by 1. Drop the Life of squads with 3 or 4 Life by 1.

Ghoul Vanguard is the only hero with 5 or less Life and losing 20% of its Life would hurt a lot. Dropping 2 Life squads down to 1 would hurt a lot too and would require changing Lifelink and would make the Malakir Bloodchasers not as special of a unit. I could see the argument for leaving the Kessig Rangers and Path Wardens at 3 Life since they are only 2 figure squads. I am unsure to leave them as is or reduce their Life by 1.

If you compare Jace (Mindmage) to Doctor Doom, both are similar figures. I did some number crunching and on average Doctor Doom will survive against 1 more attack than Jace will and he is more resistant to lower attack values. Jace's Mind Stealer ability is marginally better and his range is slightly better. For being close to equal figures, Jace is 105 points cheaper. If you drop his Life to 6, now Doctor Doom will survive against 2 more attacks on average. I still think the 105 point gap is a lot even if Jace has 6 Life, but at least that is more balanced.
I agree with changing some of the life costs of squads and heroes it seemed they are definitely inflated. However as you have said they can't go down too much.

As for the Jace vs Dr Doom that is a very important observation. It means that the point costs of the planeswalkers might already have their ability to use spells in their costs already as no other squads or heroes in AotP can use spells.

So if we use spells it seems we just need to look over the point costs of the planeswalkers to make sure they match including the ability to use spells. If we do this for the example you provided I would like if Jace's points were then more than Dr. Doom because they are similar like you say but Jace can cast spells. If for some reason we figure to not use spells we need to rethink their points or change their cards a bit more.

So far so good. I ordered all my sets and they should be coming in next week.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet