View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2022, 10:00 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Spider-Man (Peter B. Parker) - Playtesting

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Spider-Man (Ultimate)

Army Test 1
Map: Grundy's Grave (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (1,000): 190 Ghost-Spider (Gwen Stacy)
160 Spider-Man (Hobie Brown C)
170 Spider-Man (Miles Morales) (I)
260 Spider-Man (Otto Octavius)
240 Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Spider-Verse)
170 Spider-Man (Benjamin Parker)
1190, 6 hexes

Team 2 (1,000): 190 Hydro-Man (Morris Bench)
250 Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius) (II)
220 Rhino (Aleksei Sytsevich)
200 Kraven (Sergei Kravinoff)
120 Firefly (Garfield Lynns)
210 Sandman (William Baker)
1190, 6 hexes

Pre-game thoughts: First time playing with Spider-verse people, pretty excited though I had to cut down to get to the point total I wanted. I'm thinking that I can use Ghost-Spider to get a strong turn to cement a lead while using Ben Parker to protect Otto. On closer examination, Ben can protect Otto's Order Markers from Kraven's nerve punch which is invaluable against a strong figure.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Who won? List figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes): Sinister Six win! Sandman = Full health, Hydroman = 2 wounds, Rhino = 2 wounds.

Post-game thoughts: Ben was not heavy impact in the offense department this game because we were mostly fighting on a flat platform so I was trying to use him to block and protect my Order Marker hub. The ability for him to protect against OM manipulation tied to attacks was pretty crucial and stopped the game from just ending when Otto got double-teamed by heavy hitters.

Army Test 2
Map: Country Road (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (1,000):160 Spider-Man (Hobie Brown C)
170 Spider-Man (Miles Morales) (I)
260 Spider-Man (Otto Octavius)
240 Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Spider-Verse)
170 Spider-Man (Benjamin Parker)
1000, 5 hexes

Team 2 (1,000): 170 Yondu (Yondu Udonta C)
240 Charlie-27
230 Vance Astro
160 Nikki (Nicholette Gold)
200 Martinex (Martinex T'Naga)
1000, 6 hexes

Pre-game thoughts: A little bit wiser with the Spider-Verse build this time, I understand the roles of the figures I brought better here and and going to try and leverage Ben a bit more aggressively.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Who won? List figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes): Spider-verse wins! Miles - 2 wounds, Otto - full life

Post-game thoughts: Ben Definitely earned his keep this game. I didn't use the defensive ability because Otto was never in danger but I kept him close so that he could soak wounds for Peter if Spider sense ever failed. He got to use Step up once because I was using him to zone for Peter specifically and Miles was protected by using his camouflage.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I see him as a bit of a bruiser/wound soaker role at the moment. The ability to get 6 attack or 7 attack from height in a Spider-verse Army is not joke because it can net the revenge kill or just crack a big unit that the ground might struggle against. The ability to protect Otto's order markers from OM removal like Kraven is really huge because Otto's high defense means that Ben shouldn't be soaking a large amount of wounds to begin with. The ability to choose between tanking and using Step Up is pretty powerful, both have situations where I feel I want to use them right now.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I'm happy with where the unit fared in the test but that might also be because he provided me counterplay/protection. I think interaction against abilities is a huge part of the game to appreciate, while OM abilities are powerful the ability to take wounds to prevent the ones that rely on attacks seems like a calculated trade off. Will definitely be using Step Up in a crime fighter build with someone like Luke Cage in the future.