View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2010, 11:36 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: 2010 Main Event Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Nice. When I think of Q9, I tend to think of Q9 with a screen, but yeah, if the FE get to him, he's toast.
This may be a blind spot for me, because I gave up on screening the FEs pretty early on, but does a screen really work against the FEs? A screen has to engage the FEs by definition, and they don't have to trigger scatter.
The screen doesn't have to engage the FEs. It just has to set up between the FE and whatever ranged unit the screen is guarding. In this case, the FE have to engage the screen to get through to Q9, while he pelts them from range. A passive screen. More like speed bumps. Still, the FE will burn it quick if he misses for a turn or two.

--
1red2blue4:

If you're into Torin, I think you have to think about ranged figures. Probably stingers, though the Zettian Guards might be interesting, too. Some people are thinking Minions might work, too. I think it might be nice to set Taelord next to him, but that's a lot of points into two figures.