View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2018, 12:56 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Shurrig's Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Dig the new map, JS! It got me really intrigued and wanting to test it out! Looks cool and it looks like it does have good flow.

A couple things:

I am a little concerned about the center area. A well-placed Deathreaver or Gladiatron can lock down a lot of that area. You could maybe open it up a little (maybe?) or soften the elevation differences at least by lowering it a little (also maybe? not sure how well that would work as far as the build itself goes). I would also consider removing some of those battlements - while they look cool, they're really going to hinder any melee units with a height of 4 or less, and that area has enough chokepoint action going on as-is. They don't all need to come off, and you could maybe rearrange them onto other parts of the map too, but I feel like there should be some access points for those shorter melee guys.

Parts of the map look a little open, especially if you go left from the start zone. It's nothing terrible, but you might play around with trees and extra columns you have to see if you can't find an easy way to lessen the shooting lanes that range has currently. Probably not necessary, but if it's easy and it works, then hey, it was easy and it worked.

Final mild concern is that road has a lot of high ground here (instead of leading to high ground), which gives range a bit of an advantage because they don't have to leave it to have height on most parts of the map, and melee will only be able to engage range at even ground one-by-one. However, it doesn't look terrible on this map. It's another "if it's easy to mess with and works better, then great - if not, the map is still good" things.

Really impressed with this first draft. If any of my suggestions work out for you then awesome, but if not it still looks like something I'd like to play on and try out.
Thanks! I had originally placed the battlements in front of the start zone, which would tend to push armies out to the edge, but after playing it several times I would tend to notice that the battlements are troublesome to get around, but it's in their nature to be annoying I guess. I think I may scrap them completely honestly, and I'll take everything else you said and try to come up with something. Appreciate you guys' feedback!