View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2010, 12:00 AM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: I got my D3 today

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
My last ever "rank the sculpts in the wave" post:
  1. Double weapon bugbear. Sylvano chose his avatar well.
  2. Mace bugbear.
  3. Axe bugbear. The HSBs all look great.
  4. Sword/eyepatch Death Chaser. That's a sweet suit of armor.
  5. Mezzodemon with the lowered trident. I think the paint job on these guys really came out great.
  6. Mace Death Chaser.
  7. Moltenclaw. Yeah, he's small, but he's still a pretty cool-looking dragon.
  8. Eltahale. She lacks a little luster/contrast in the paint job, but it's still a great sculpt with good detail.
  9. Mezzodemon with raised trident. I don't like this stance (reminds me of the sand people from Star Wars) but it's a nice-looking sculpt overall.
  10. Ice Troll Bezerker. Once you get over how big he "should" be, I think he looks pretty good. I also don't think he would have fit on a classic medium base, either.
  11. Siege. Very cool sculpt, shoddy paint job. Mine looks like somebody spraypainted it blue from two feet away after doing all the other paint. Could just be that one, though.
  12. Master of the Hunt
  13. Jagged Sword Death Chaser. Doesn't really fit with the other two.
  14. Frost Giant of Morh. The blue hair just doesn't look quite right to me.
  15. Ogre Pulverizer. Looks a little cartoonish to me.
  16. Crouching Death Knight. Nice detail and paint job, but just too small.
  17. Standing Death Knight. When you think about it, this guy must be even smaller since he's not even crouching.
  18. Evar Scarcarver. Oh well.
I mostly agree with you. I'd put Moltenclaw a couple notches higher, and move Master of the Hunt above Eltahale. I'd drop the Ice Troll all the way to the bottom. I don't like anything about him.

I'm curious to see how Eltahale looks with a bit of drybrushing/touch-up. She has a good sculpt, but her paint job is pretty minimal. Same for the Death Knights, though repainting won't make them a decent size. Too bad they aren't a bit bigger.