View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2021, 05:46 PM

TWayne420 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Tips On Making Dungeons

I hope this is the correct place to put this. I've never played d&d before but have always been interested. Originally I intended to make a pretty big 1 shot for 1 single friend so like a Zelda style rpg...then I realized I would need more table space for that. So now it will be broken into 4 or 5 campaigns. What I'm here for is constructive criticism, advice, and possible help for fluffing out the story. Like I said I've never tried this.
The general idea is you start center if the land st a castle. The "king" tells you he needs help recovering 4 items(should it be something that has been shattered into 4 shards or should it be 4 actual items? personally in leaning towards the shards). The items have been spread in 4 different directions(from easiest to hardest and ill probably come up with some silly names for each location)North the RotV set, East the Swarm of the Marrow set, South the Thaelank Tundra, and west the D&d set. These locations will scale with you as you go. Initially I wanted it all to be one big map so I could have pit stops and side stuff to do through out. Random encounters and the likes. A lot of new people who will be joining the quest as well so you can progressively scale as well. So what I'm thinking I'll do is have a lot of flat space then at the end ( for example the first map the RotV set) will be the north location. In between all that flat I can have multiple random encounters set up that can be ignored and skipped or you can approach them and handle them before getting to the intended fight. Sorry to rush this guys but I have to head to work. Please ask questions. And PLEASE give advice. I know this is sloppy but I really would like this to be good. And maybe when I get off I will share all the random encounters i have set up.