View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2014, 12:15 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Had a buddy over tonight and taught him Sergeant's Miniatures Game. We played a nighttime scenario for Operation Tonga where the British Red Devil paratroopers dropped at night during D-Day to split the German 7th and 15h armies (I believe that's right), to take some bridges and stall German reinforcements.

I built a 6 soldier British squad to let my buddy play and I took the 7 soldier German squad. The British had better soldiers, so my extra German soldier didn't help as he won 54 VP's to my 29 VP's. He had bonus VP's for surviving soldiers, while my bonus VP's would come from captured British soldiers. I had one captured at one point but his squadmate came and rescued him and then the ex-captured soldier killed my soldier that took him prisoner. I could have killed that soldier instead of capturing him during close combat, but opted for the capture to try to get more VP's as I knew I was behind. I had hoped to move them far enough away to avoid him getting rescued, but it didn't work out.

Fun game nonetheless and my buddy enjoyed it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon