View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2019, 12:26 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: NEW CONTEST - Triple Play Frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I like the looks of those Yodaking. Ice Pit of Kazazune especially looks nice. Unfortunately, I can't see a reason for any ranged armies to ever leave their start zone, since the 24 hex you start on, is at the highest level on the map. It looks really cool though, and I'm happy to see it.

Well my thinking is that in a non-tournament setting people won't be as concerned about losing or playing for time to win on points, so eventually someone has to make a move. If you plant a ranged figure on the very edge of your start zone, you can only attack one space in your opponents start zone with a range 8 attack, 3 spaces with a range 9 attack, and that is just with 1 figure. So at the very least you will try to move some of your range 5-7 guys out onto the 3 hex spaces of the same height. The 3 hex spot of equal ground also provides a nice way point for flying melee units. They can hop over to the next start zone in just two moves while never giving up high ground. Fittingly, Dragons and Wrymlings are going to like the Dragon's lair the most with their flying and ranged attacks. The shadow tiles and treasure glyphs should be appealing enough for some heroes to venture down into the pit and hide behind the rocks, but you are right that squads don't have much incentive to go there. I imagine most squads will stick to the edge of the bowl.