View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2019, 12:38 AM

Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Cleon's Maps: 3 New Maps 1/13/19!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Will be posting more maps later tonight. Any comments on the ones up so far?
Hey! I've meant to drop some feedback your way for a bit now, and I've been slacking on that. I'll try to get some more your way soon, but I'll give you some quick thoughts:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find the table and the black back drop a very flattering background for your maps. That's totally personal preference though. You do what you want.

The Flow:
I like this one overall - though a couple things I'd look out for. That lava hill is pretty intense, and melee figures will have a hard time getting up there to attack range figures without getting blasted a few times. The lava field tiles will mitigate that by bringing range back down a bit, but I'm wondering if they will mitigate it enough with how much elevation there is with the combination of the placement of the molten lava tiles. I dunno - something to look out for.
I don't love how close those two power glyphs are down in the sandy area - makes it easy to double cover with Raelin, plus you can park her by a bush pretty easy and even deny access to her fairly well because of the water and molten lava denying easy access between the sand area and the rock/lava area. Very unique design with great style - it definitely feels like lava flowing. Good jungle placement and use of ruins for LOS blockers.

That's all I have time for at the moment. I'll try to get some more thoughts your way sometime soon.

Check out my maps here and my customs here