View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2017, 01:40 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Nightcrawler (II) (Brainstorming Phase)

I'd be hesitant to just roll with 7 dice. I feel to accurately capture his ability to avoid taking hits requires some sort of odds in his favor mechanic to completely get away unscathed a decent amount of time.

The issue I kept running into, was if we just went with say 7 defense, that means someone with an attack of 8 can potentially make it impossible for him to avoid the attack completely. Which IMO, there should be no attack that he couldn't avoid logistically, at least in a physical attack sense. Thor swings his hammer at him for 8 skulls, as a player I want to feel like there's still a chance I dodge it. The odds at 7 defense with no modifier, still wouldn't be decent for him to even survive it let alone outright dodge it.

So I was trying to find some middle ground. As a player, when it all hinges on defense rolls, nothing is more disappointing than botching your defense. Blanks being such a huge benefit for him, puts the chances of a decent defense in his favor, which I feel is accurate.

Glad you guys are digging the design. Nothing is set in stone with it, just like with Hela and any other design, I'm open to suggestions. Just wanted to get the ball rolling.