View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2013, 05:00 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: A Vision For Super Scape

When people draft supers armies, they naturally try to win games with them. So far I've found that a problem with supers, even more so than with Classic Scape, is when one character so far outclasses his opponents that its no challenge for that superior being to take them down. The question is, to achieve balance between teams, do you go with premade balanced armies, or give a formula such as the one I give above for a 'balanced' team? Or do you reconstruct a comic book story with the exact characters who were actually involved? Or do you use a roster team system to draw up armies limited to 'official' team membership, such as The Inhumans vs The Avengers (my 'Street Heroes' Team includes everyone not on another team roster)? The purpose of the levels system for myself is to experiment with different formulas for interesting yet balanced team formation.

Since I've got almost 600 different characters with cards (and a few have multiple versions of themselves with different designers' cards) to play with in my new card files, I haven't done much with this new level system yet, because I'm still finishing up playing a first time with the characters I have both figures/proxies and cards for. However, although my pals prefer to free build their own teams based solely on a point total, I can see where I will introduce team formulas based on levels in the future, especially in solitaire games, to try and prevent mismatches and encourage creative play.

Part of this is because I can't, like C3G, post a list of all these Supers that will lead to a card and its precise character information--some of the cards I found during December in my Great Supers Card Hunt were barely recoverable at all due to bad links, old tech being used, etc. So a guide to team formation, like a premade team, might be a good way to get a game started while still giving the player some choice in who they field. This is also one of the reasons why I have my Master Lists, which include name, points, and whether I have figures for each (these lists can be seen posted separately in the Custom Comic Heroes site section) plus which comic universe they hail from, team roster affiliations, those that can be fielded by Good or Evil (C3G Civilians, C3G Bad Cops, Mercenaries by Matt Helm or J. Jonah Jameson by johnny137 or C3G).

Last edited by chas; January 20th, 2014 at 08:29 AM.