Thread: Workshop Thread
View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2020, 09:50 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: Workshop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
the more I play heroscape the more I realize it's a Chess game. While dice are involved, games of heroscape are won and lost by 1 single hex. The more competitive a person plays, the more meticulous they study a map and it's subtle advantages and disadvantages and they will be able to exploit any potential mishaps by the designer.
Not sure who said it originally but I remember hearing something about Heroscape being about 20% skill - 80% luck for beginners, 50-50 for average players, and 80-20 for experienced players.

The goal is to put yourself into the best position to win (knowing the map is a key part of that) and let the dice work themselves out. Sometimes you make a really good play and the dice fail you, but there are other times a dumb play can be a good one if the dice fall in your favor.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Sheep; March 21st, 2020 at 02:45 PM.