View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2018, 02:30 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Springtime Custom Competition - Entries Due by 4/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Threw my hat in the ring. As much time as I've spent with C3G, I've actually never tried to come up with a custom for classic before - very different design headspace to be in. I've had my eye on the last couple of these contests, though, so I figured I may as well give it a shot.

Trying to figure out how to price things in classic after spending so long in the SuperScape arena is... tricky.
Spoiler Alert!
Lol at quote - and not at all inaccurate. Supers are pound for pound cheaper
I'd disagree with that statement - were Charos designed by C3G, he'd end up costing significantly more due to the stats alone. He'd probably beat most comparably pointed C3G heroes one on one, with some exceptions. In the end, the primary thing to note is this - in Superscape, threat to heroes is weighed heavier, in Classic, threat to squads should be weighed heavier. Q9 actually wouldn't be too unreasonable in Superscape - Punisher would probably be considered better due to synergies, manoeuvrability and the fact that Assault Rifle can be boosted while Queglix Gun can't. Q9 would still be tougher too kill, but 4 Life 7 Defence feels a little less adamantine in superscape - still rough for that cost, but not the same level of 'how do I scratch this bastard?' it is in Classic - and the fact that Q9 would be less of a big deal isn't because Superscape units are just that much better (I actually don't think there's that much of a power discrepancy between the two games), it's because the types of units he'd face would just be better equipped to deal with him - smaller numbers, bigger defence, bigger attacks. He'd still be good - perhaps even undercosted - but not the same monster as in Classic.

Look forward to seeing you in the contest, Ronin - I'll definitely be entering myself, as well.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================