View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2006, 07:40 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Responses:

1) In the "Official Units" I did have a post on Sir Christopher vs Sir Hawthorne where I point out I had done repaints of the Knights. Even later added a link to this thread. Although that post did primarily deal with why his name changed to Hawthorne.

2) Thanks - I think my son and I have as much fun coming up with the stories as we do repainting the figures.

3) The raptors have been a problem -- I have changed the card at least 3 times trying to get the right balance. They are small raptors (i.e., one space). Below is a picture of them on the battlefield with Marnak and som MM repaints. I like the idea +1 instead of combine attacks and possibly making them common. We may give that a try.

Doing a little math and using the points cost worksheet. If you take away all the specials, the worksheet comes up with a point value of 30 (rounded).

If I change the range on the "wild nature" to 1-2, 3-6, 7-10, 11+, and then do a little math then the expected outcome is that you will get to use 3.1 of the 4 each turn. Running 3 instead of 4 as the point total is stil 30 (rounded). Also, with Marnak +2 for the dice roll, you would never end up with just 1 raptor attacking.

Bumping the defense up to 2, increases the point total to 40 (still assuming expected 3 units attack).

Changing the Pack Attack to add 1 for each adjacent (to the figure being attacked) is similar to an attack aura which per the point cost calculator is a bump of 10pts per unit so +30 (again using the expected 3 units).

So with these change they would be:

Move 8
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 2
Cost 70

These changes make the defense stronger and reduce the pack attack some, but also enhance it some (i.e., max attack would be 5 instead of 8, but would expect to attack with 3 units instead of just one combined attack).

If they were changed to common, there would probably need to be a limit on the pack attack (e.g., maximum of +3 attack).