View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2012, 10:31 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Unit Strategy Review: How to use Arrow Gruts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Arrow Gruts x4
Swogs x5
Raelin
Ice Troll Berserker
450/24 Hexes
That's a very solid build there, veg. I think you have the right idea.

The build I ran in the main event was:

120 Arrow Gruts x3
75 Swogs x3
80 Raelin
50 Nerak
120 Krug
445, 20 spaces

The weak point of this build is the swogs: despite rolling 6 defense, they can go down quickly, and once a couple are gone your AGs just can't hit very hard any more. Nerak also adds another non-bonding hero to worry about. All in all it was a huge challenge playing this build, but man, if I had had one fewer loss I would have been golden on day 2!

Arrow Gruts weren't all over the place like 4th Mass, but they showed up a decent amount. jdtenor ran his Mimring/Krug/Ornak/AG build in treasure quest (between TQ and Dragon's Horde, George has two 1st places and two 2nd places with that build!) AGs were also in several 4x400 builds and a couple Monster Mash/Assasin's Creed armies (Including El Diabolo's 3rd place Monster Mash army).

Last edited by dok; August 21st, 2012 at 11:13 AM.