View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2021, 01:46 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Valkyrie - A HeroScape Fan Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Finally caught up. Still a very fast pace--so far everything I think will take up the whole story is resolved in a chapter or two--so I don't know what to expect as to where we'll be by the end.

I will say though it was odd to have a sudden change of POV out of nowhere nine chapters in, suddenly hearing the thoughts of someone who's not Utgar, but if the narrative is beginning to shift focus then that's the way it's going to be.

Anyway as far as predictions standard-writing me assumes Vraen will turn out to be a twist villain trying to seize power, while advanced-writing me wants the POV to continue to shift and then have Utgar himself turn out to be the twist villain. We'll see what happens.

~TAF
As far as the PoV goes, I'm not really sure of way to do a 'smooth' PoV transition. I mean... you're either in one PoV or another. The most I could have done would be to include Runa's PoV much earlier in the story, but with this particular plot I couldn't do that.

I will say that PoV shifts don't seem to bother me that much, both in my own writing and in the writing of others. I don't know if I'm in the minority there; I'm guessing I am.

As to the predictions:

For now, Chapter Eleven is now live!

~TGRF.