View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2019, 10:06 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Unit Debate #71 Nilfheim vs Quahon

I view it as Nilfheim is slightly better, but they're very close in power. I'd take Nilfheim's 6life/6move/4defense stats over Quahon's 7life/5move/3defense. The Specials are debatable....Nilfheim's has an initial shot one space farther than Quahon's but has to stay within a 5 range radius while Quahon can extend to a bridge of 9 if the figures are aligned. Nilfheim gets 3 rolls and Quahon gets 1, but Quahon isn't bogged down by engagement nullifications. It seems to me like the SAs have their differences but I think they kind of even out. I think Nilf's is more consistent in that I see getting bogged down and missing that 1st shot as happening less than Quahon whiffing or only rolling 1 skull on her 1st and only shot. Quahon probably has more devastating turn peaks but I've played the game plenty to know Nilfheim has devastating turns just about every game. I'm not positive though, I can see an argument for either SA. Quahon's LoS is a bit more flexible I think. Also worth noting Nilf's 6 move makes it easier to do a suicide-disengage-swing turn to fly over and throw 6 or 7 dice at a key hero like Q9 which is an important option. 5 move will be harder to fulfill that (though Quahon's SA can potentially include that hero while still being bogged down). Nilf is 5pt. cheaper.

Quahon has Spiders but I don't really see that as a boost for Quahon, but rather a boost for the Spiders. It is an option though. It has some pros when comparing to the Greenscales.

They're both vying for best Dragon in my opinion but I think Nilf has the slight edge.

Last edited by Cleon; June 6th, 2019 at 07:35 AM.