View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2019, 06:02 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death!
Re: Unit Debate #71 Nilfheim vs Quahon

Well the biggest difference between the two is that Quahon rolls attack dice once and Nilfheim rolls three times. Nilfheim becomes substantially better against low defense figures than Quahon is because of this, and because of his base + 1 range. Quahon does have the opportunity for a three figure clear out turn.

And 4 defense is a lot better than 3, even with plus one life. I'm not sure if the math bears this out but in my head I always see survivability as the product of defense and life, so Nilfheim has 24 lifedefense and Quahon only has 21 lifedefense. But if this calculation is wrong in any direction it should probably value defense more so I think that Nilfheim's survivability is notably better.

The other big difference is that Quahon has Spider bonding, which is mostly good because you can play other bonding heroes and the game doesn't end when you lose your dragon. This comparison makes it harder to judge though. Spiders aren't that good with Raelin, so Quahon and Spiders may be just too bad for a double blind competitive meta but I'm in no position to make that call.

Overall I like both, but their differences are hard to compare and semi-obvious.