View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2022, 08:10 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Pennywise (Breathing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Yeah I like that re-roll thing! It feels a lot like some of the snappy jarring motions he does in the new movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
Excited to see Pennywise making moves. I always imagined IT having some sort of Red Balloon power using a glyph or a marker that radiated fear(reducing defense) or something.

I like the direction you're going with here though. Love The Dancing Clown.
I will say I really dig this idea. I feel like Pennywise’s whole thing is setting up “snapshot” horror scenarios. Like he pops in and has a great deal of control in creating hallucinations/whatever in the space around him. I’m not sure if there’s a way to emphasize that a little more, but I’d dig that over a ‘no LEAs and free moves” power on a Slasher.

I’d also really be down to see points soar here, another higher value Slasher could be a lot of fun. I know Pennywise is mostly effective cause he takes on kids/normal people, but 165 could feel a little low for a cosmic horror.
I would like to keep things fairly sleek if possible. So a Balloon Marker approach would need to be something relatively simple if we went that route.

I'd also forgo Face of Fear if we were to give up anything. I know disengage and a once per round passive move isn't exactly exciting/unique, but I feel he's gotta have some means of popping in and out. I also like repping his more zany unorthodox methods and mannerisms. Perhaps it's not there yet, currently being a once per round clingy+ escape, but that's the hope.

Defense reduction has been done quite a lot with these guys too, so that's why FoF would be the easier cut(especially with his re-rolls already dependent on how likely they are to be afraid of him), however we decide to retool The Dancing Clown power.

If we can figure something out, I wouldn't mind going with a set like:

Quote:
YOU'LL FLOAT TOO
(Deadlight mechanics w/ Balloon fluff)

IT
(last version proposed)

THE DANCING CLOWN
(if not as-is, something that sees him popping around a bit more wildly)
And on the 165 front, I'm not married to it if we want to push more in the 200's. Seeing him get his butt kicked as he has, and defeated by words essentially, I didn't know quite where to place him, but he has been around for centuries and killed hundreds if not thousands so there's room for interpretation there based on longevity. I like to do things in 100 point gaps from other established pieces, for army building purposes, so perhaps 275 would be the next reasonable jump if we want to go bigger.