View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2019, 12:57 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: GenCon 2019 Feedback Thread

Maps were overall really good. Infected Glade wasn't great for Gencon but it's one of the "best worst" maps we've had.

The weird bonuses for the old guy event were fun. We don't need another 40+ event but we could do an event with weird bonuses again. I realize almost everyone took the d20, but the attack re-roll is also really really good. For the third one, we floated the idea of being able to reveal your X OM in the place of a numbered OM once per round. Could be fun (still feels a little weaker than the others but it's closer than the initiative one was).

For event ideas, I have two suggestions:

- Chaos of Battle. Originally developed by @weebaer , this is a super fun format. It's just heat of battle, except you take turns placing your opponent's figures. (EDIT: no placing in molten lava of course.) This gets rid of a lot of the more obnoxious options in the HoB meta. No more everyone-crammed-in-one-choke-point (or high ground). No more Marcus/10th pods. No more "out-carding" your opponent as a strategy. No more Raelin! Everyone is mixing up OMs and scrambling to get out of the water or other bad spots. Moving your figures is a lot more important and weird options like Granite Guardians do way better than normal.

- Reverse Draft. I could go back to running this in an open play slot, but I think it deserves to be put up as a regular event (even if it's still in that evening time slot). We got 14 players when I ran it in on Thursday night in 2018. You can see details here.

Last edited by dok; August 13th, 2019 at 03:33 PM.