View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2018, 09:42 AM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: What Board Games Will You Be Purchasing?

For a guy who has only backed six Kickstarters so far, two came up just now, for one old game and one reissue.

1. Alien Frontiers Kickstarter: Factions Definitive Edition I recently purchased this second hand (4th Edition out of the 5 now extant) and enjoyed my first three plays. I usually do pick up the expansions for good games, and they are now offering all of the 13 expansion Factions plus a new one in one box, so I'll probably go for it. This new set does not include everything, as it does not have the (relatively) large Outer Belt Expansion and small Expansion #7, but I can get these online, and then I'll be "game complete!" Oddly, since the KS won't be published until next year, that would mean getting the latter first.

2. Many of you know that I own or have ordered/backed all ten Commands & Colors games by Richard Borg, put out or being put out by a number of different publishers. I also have all of their expansions too, which meant dozens more purchases over the years. GMT has just put their upcoming reissue of Samurai Battles on their P500 list for Preorder. It will have their standard C&C Blocks, rather than the somewhat troublesome minis of the original version of the game by Zvesda. To buy or not to buy, since I already have two core games and one expansion, plus some extra minis?

The new version will have more scenario battles, terrain types, and unit types and much better graphics, etc., so Ill probably cave soon!

Anyone interested in the C&C series games can see my guide to them all on bgg here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread...rd-borg/page/1

Last edited by chas; February 16th, 2019 at 12:15 PM.