View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2017, 10:16 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Nightcrawler (II) (Initial Playtesting)

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner) II

Army Test 1
Map: Custom
Units:
Nightcrawler II(205), Captain Britain(285), Shadowcat II(170), Sage(190) (850)
vs.
Luke Cage(190), Iron Fist(260), Tigra(170), Shang-Chi(230) (850)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Units:
Nightcrawler II(200), Bane(190), Star-Lord(250), Invisible Woman(215) (850)
vs.
Luke Cage(190), Iron Fist(260), Tigra(170), Shang-Chi(230) (850)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
Units:
Nightcrawler II(210), Professor X(220), Sage(190), Gorgon(300) (920)
vs.
Warriors Three(920)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
Overall Nightcrawler plays like Nightcrawler. You'll be moving teammates around on his turn, to get your troops into prime position. You'll BAMF! support figures around with Nightcrawler so you can focus on his turns. He has some great team ups such as Captain Britain and Bane etc. that can afford you 2 turns or stat boosts. I played his En Garde special as if you need to BAMF! prior to each attack in order to get the -2 defense bonus, so perhaps some wording clarification on that would be nice as I feel it's more thematic that way. It feels great BAMF!ing around enemies to lower their defense, as well as moving your figures around to control the battlefield. His defense feels pretty good. It has great potential, but still succumbs to the occasional botch or rolling only 1 shield, so it's certainly not annoying. His defensive ceiling is high with the blanks aspect, so you always feel you have a chance, which is great.

He's a lot of fun, feels fast, strategic, supportive, and strikes with deadly surprise/stealth attacks. I'd say the 3 losses for me makes me feel his points are a little lower than I was playing him at, but it could have been just poor luck. I'm thinking 190 going into Public testing to start.

Last edited by Arkham; December 23rd, 2017 at 01:38 AM.