View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2020, 04:38 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Update: I made a hollowed wosaga model and it printed beautifully in resin. You could make 2 wosagas for the resin amount of a solid one. Everything looks fantastic.If anyone is interested in the stl let me know.
Please share the file.

I haven't printed any of the large/huge Heroscape figures in resin yet. The largest I've printed are the Kyrie and the Water Elemental.

I've never hollowed a model out before, so I'm interested in how you did it. Where are the holes? Are you going to have to fill the holes?
I hollowed the model out first in Chitubox. I set the wall diameter to 1.5 per a youtuber called Makers Muse. (He's Great) I watch another guy called 3d Printing Pro. I then placed three holes on the bottom of the wosaga model. One is larger, and the two others smaller. They are on the flat part of the bottom, so no need to fill the holes when done. I angled the model as I usually do to keep the majority of the top neck supports from putting as many supports on the "S" part of the model. When complete, you will flip him over and the remaining resin,(not much) will run out of the holes. I just tipped him over and let it drain back in my funnel. I also ran supports inside the model, so there were no islands inside the hollowed wosaga. It worked fantastic. I'll load the models up now. PS. I swished IPA inside the model as well, to clean up any wet resin residue that was left in there.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo