View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2020, 03:52 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 1] PYRIA (Chandra Nalaar, Pyromancer) - Playtesting

It's worth noting that the next step after balance testing is actually compatibility testing with the rest of the set. I wouldn't be comfortable with moving Pyria past that point (or officially "finalizing" her) without having a bit more structure on the rest of the designs. This is particularly important because she's an Archmage, and several drafts for the illusion squad have involved synergy with Archmages. If that synergy proves problematic, then the easiest answer could be to change Pyria's class.

That said, looking over the tests I'd agree that she's pretty much ready for now. If Pod 1 wants to move her along to wait in Compatibility Testing, then I wouldn't bat an eye.

I don't like saying that this is Jorhdawn. HeroScape has done units again before, but that was essentially the protagonists of the game. Players from the first Master Set would still recognize Raelin and Drake and see how they had changed, while new players would still get introduced to the main characters. Jorhdawn, on the other hand, is a much less iconic unit and Pyria looks nothing like her. I think that saying that this is Jorhdawn who pulled a Jean Grey will be a headscratcher for existing fans and not really do much to impress new players, either. If we want her to be connected to Jorhdawn and Chardris, then we could always just say that she's Jorhdawn's mother or something and went crazy before getting summoned by Utgar.