View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2020, 11:51 AM

Captain Stupendous wears ripped pants of awesomeness Captain Stupendous wears ripped pants of awesomeness Captain Stupendous wears ripped pants of awesomeness Captain Stupendous wears ripped pants of awesomeness Captain Stupendous wears ripped pants of awesomeness Captain Stupendous wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: [Pod 1] PYRIA (Chandra Nalaar, Pyromancer) - Playtesting

Just wanted to jump in here quick to make a couple comments on theme before Pyria is finalized. Note that I wouldn’t push too strongly for either of these suggestions, they were both just a couple small ideas I had that I thought could make this design even better, but I think even with no further changes Pyria is in a great place right now.

First, I would like to see a more thematic name for Twin Flamethrower Special Attack. To me, this power name sounds too “technological” as a flamethrower suggests the use of a weapon rather than a spell.

My second suggestion is a bit more bold. How would people feel about retheming Pyria and renaming her as an evil version of Jorhdawn? I think that with the right bio this could be a great way to advance the overarching story of heroscape and tie this set further into the lore. It would also explain why an Elf Archmage would be fighting for Utgar, which isn’t an obvious fit otherwise.

It also helps that the official bio for Jorhdawn 1.0 already has a bit of a dark flavor to it, which helps sell the idea that this child could eventually turn evil as an adult. Official bio:
Spoiler Alert!

Thematically it could also open up the design space to the possibility of another new elf wizard to replace Jorhdawn after she left the Order of the Crimson Sigil, since traditionally there are only nine elf wizards.

The differences in clothing and pose can be explained by the change from good to evil and her switch of generals. I also think that the similarity in pose between Chandra and Chardris could actually help to sell the idea that Jorhdawn is Chardris’s daughter, as it would make sense that her casting style could become similar to his as she grows older.