View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang
Our group never drafts. We just bring pre-made armies and get right down to it. Still, this seems like a very interesting discussion and I'm betting that sooner or later, we're going to give drafting a try, just for the sheer novelty of it.
It definitely allows you to try some different units that might not always take in a pre-made army. The only real downside is that it adds time to a game that can already take a little while to set up and get going.

In the spirit of KC's post, here are a couple other counters:

Krug- Warriors of Ashra (or 2x) for 50 (or 100) points. Ninjas of the Northern Wind for 110. Defensive agility and disappear can really annoy him. Templar Cavalry can also put the hurting on him with 3 attacks of 6 dice.

Zettian Guards- Izumi Samurai for 60. An Izumi-engaged Zettian Guard won't be doing much for awhile.

Airborne Elite- Sentinels of Jandar or Minions of Utgar each for 110. While not fast enough to catch up to the Airborne in an open field, they can stand on height while waiting for them to drop. Both of these squads have enough defense to survive and offense to eliminate the AE without too much trouble. Krav Maga Agents are also a good counter, although they can counter just about any ranged unit effectively.

I would also add Marcu Esenwein to the list of potential Cyprien counters. At 20 points and with 6 lives, chilling touch isn't terribly useful against him, and with 4 attack, he stands a decent chance of at least wounding Cyprien a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)