View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2020, 08:51 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 2] Vlad III (Sorin of the Eternal Thirst)

For me a lot depends on what name we want to go with for the figure. If we stick with the name Vlad III, it would seem weird to me if the figure wasn't the actual historical figure Vlad III. Regarding the historical continuity, a quick look at wikipedia suggests that the historical Vlad's body was never found? If so, that could actually tie in nicely to the idea that Utgar summoned Vlad, saving him from death in the middle of a losing battle.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
The place of his burial is unknown.[129] According to popular tradition (which was first recorded in the late 19th century),[130] Vlad was buried in the Monastery of Snagov.[131] However, the excavations carried out by Dinu V. Rosetti in 1933 found no tomb below the supposed "unmarked tombstone" of Vlad in the monastery church. Rosetti reported: "Under the tombstone attributed to Vlad there was no tomb. Only many bones and jaws of horses."[130] Historian Constantin Rezachevici said Vlad was most probably buried in the first church of the Comana Monastery, which had been established by Vlad and was near the battlefield where he was killed.[130]
All that being said, I'd also be okay with going the more generic route as long as the name was changed to not be TOO similar to the historical figure, although I find this direction slightly less compelling.