View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2016, 05:11 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: McMeeple's Custom Building Terrain: 3 Part Mechanic Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
A lot of time between this:

And this:

The first picture is about where you are right now. Just get some cars on there! I don't even have any telephone poles, mailboxes, etc yet in this photo. There's absolutely nothing wrong with gaming in a small town setup. Just make up some sort of cool scenario, like the small town in the first Thor movie.

If you need help with terrain ideas just reference the last few pages of my (soon to be revised) terrain booklet:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...&id=3472/Rules

Hope that helps!

By the way the lines on the road are simple. I just stretched out a long piece of masking tape on a cutting surface. Then, using a ruler and a black sharpy, I blackened in an alternating light dark pattern. Then, using a long straight edge and an xacto knife, I cut long strips of the tape and stuck them down the middle of my roads. This has lasted a long time, years in fact. I only just recently had to touch up a few sections where the adhesive had finally given up.
I appreciate the perspective. I have to admit I had greater expectations

If it was too fast and easy it wouldn't be as rewarding would it!

Great idea on the tape. I have considered large format printing. I don't care for the idea of painting the terrain I do have since I use it for other scape sutff as normal. So I think I will end up making a pink foam board. I recall a tutorial about pressing hexes in...then I can just paint that to look like a road. It won't be modular...but I could make it two sided with different layouts.