View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2021, 05:37 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Valkyrie - A HeroScape Fan Fiction

I remember an earlier mention of Valkyrie sealing their wellsprings in the story, but I guess I didn't know that the villain was especially well-read about them. If that was established at some point I must've missed it. The cruelty of his character was more well-established to me than the obsessiveness of it.

I also detected some of the seeds of where Utgar would eventually end up: becoming more distant from his daughter, committing more to war, having none of the hesitations about being a Valkyrie that Runa did... But while I recognize those seeds I still want to see them sprout. If you choose to continue this story then I certainly won't complain.

Quote:
So this was an improvement, but you gave it a 7 when you gave the original an 8? Say what?
Accountability, argh! I must've been drunk. Or I was easier to please back then. Or maybe my ratings are ultimately meaningless as they're based on however I feel at the time. Usually right after I finish the story. All I know is I definitely liked this one better. So I'll switch those scores. Or drop the first Utgar to a 6. Whichever.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT