View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2021, 06:04 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Reverse the Whip Army Archetypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garenex View Post
Does this mean there could be a better one out there? Certainly, though I don't know if it has been developed yet, which is why I think Dragon Ruler's suggestions below are spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler View Post
We can also run a side tournament for those who prefer not to play in the Main Event.

I would love to see people propose specific Main Event formats. Also, we are looking to extend first round games to 75 minutes to reduce the number of games that go to time.
It should come as no surprise that I have lots of suggestions. Some have even come up in this thread recently. Others I have brought up privately with organizers and others.

That said, this is the "reverse the whip army archetypes" thread, not the "suggestions for scapecon main event" thread, so I don't want to derail things by discussing alternatives here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garenex View Post
Regardless, what happens with the format, I hope the effect isn't a "cheapening' to the achievement of winning the main event, which is why I think a side tournament during the Main Event is a great idea. The Con overall, should be open and inviting to all players, and give everyone a chance to come out on top in one of the tournaments, but I hope winning the Main Event remains a pinnacle to strive for (I type, while reminding myself that this is a game for 8 year olds!)
I agree, having one event designated the championship is fun and in a way takes some of the pressure off the other events to be hyper-competitive.