View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2018, 07:50 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Index of 3D Printed Stl Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstree View Post
Quick question: Has anyone tried printing srmalloy's flat-topped "tree base" tiles from thingiverse, the ones found here:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1789245

(Note, they have to be rescaled to 10% size for most software, but that's not the problem.)

I printed a set out (at least up to those no larger than four hexes - the most I can print for free at my university). On a flat surface of heroscape tiles they fit great - there's a little bit of extra tolerance, so they slide around just a hair but that's not really a problem.

The problem is the lip around the edge is too wide and extends into the gutter such that they can't be placed adjacent to regular tiles. That is, you can't place them against "cliffs" or other elevated terrain. (Well, you can get one edge up against another tile, but two or more and it won't fit any longer.)

I was hoping someone might have already fixed the problem and have .stl files to share. I installed Blender with the thought that I might try editing the files myself, but to say Blender has a steep learning curve is an understatement.
Ive been using these for tons of custom terrain and objects and think they're amazing. Ive probably printed over 100 of these so far. what you could do to snug them up is simple. You are correct that you have to scale them down to 10% of their size. If you wanted it a hair more snug just take the scale down to 9.7% or 9.8% and it should fix it right up.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo