View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2012, 11:11 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: A Discussion on Scale in C3G

I also bought a 1:43 scale semi truck and trailer a few weeks back at Walmart. I don't recall the exact price but I obviously thought it was reasonable at the time. It is a bit wider then the truck so even though it can still be placed over a single row of hexes, the overhang is much larger. Even so I managed to place it such that a figure could be placed on the hex space to either side, it was just a bit of a tight fit.

The semi cab alone can be positioned to cover up 5 hexes in a straight line. In addition to the side overhand, it will overhand front and back slightly as well.

Because of the tight fit, I did play around with it a bit and had it covering a 2 hex wide space as well. How you choose to place it on your game board would really be up to you.

The trailer has it's own fold down stand such that you can place it on the game board without the cab if you so choose. Here I have it running underneath the EL so you can build an overpass pretty easily if you wanted to. I used some shadow hex tiles to lay out where the hexes on top would appear so you can create your own Matrix fight scene.

I would not recommend adding permanent hexes to the top of the trailer as you will want to position it slightly differently some times. How the hexes are covered up will change when you add or remove the cab to the trailer, or if you were to have the cab turned at a different angle then the trailer.

The trailer itself covers 6 hexes in a straight line. Although the wheels only cover up 1 or 2 hexes depending on how you position it. Then the fold down stand may either be blocking up a hex or positioned on the space between two hexes. This will leave 4-5 hexes that should be considered as 'open' for small and medium figures to move through. Human sized figures should have no problem ducking or rolling under a stationary trailer. I unfortunately did not get a good picture of this feature but you will see what I mean if you ever get one for yourself.

Here you have the cab & trailer together and turning as it travels down the road. The full semi covers 10 hexes in total length when in a straight line with just 3 'open' hexes under the trailer. In the position shown I have 7 shadow hexes on the top as once you start arranging the truck in a position outside of a straight line the truck ends up being positioned over the hexes differently. You can see the front and rear shadow hex is hanging over the edge now so the trailer top really contains 5 full hexes and 2 half hexes.

Here I have the two 1:43 scale vehicles I own side by side on an open road, along with Shockwave standing about. Once again it is a tight fit but you can place still place figures in between the two vehicles even with the slight overhang created by them. You may also notice that a single spaced figure can sit right in the back of the pickup truck for a playable hex location. I should also mention that the rear doors of the semi trailer open up so that you could hide some figures inside of it should you want to create a scenario in which some melee attackers jump out part way through the battle for an ambush attack.