View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2019, 11:23 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Vitriol aside, I appreciate this discussion taking place. It is probably long overdo and I would recommend someone making a separate thread to continue the discussion provided that some ground rules are set in place to make sure its constructive.

I've been involved in Heroscape since the day it released but have had it in storage for a long time. When I was finally able to come back to the game after 6 years a few months ago, I was delighted that the VC community was still so active! Congratulations for such an achievement! I hope that there are many more years ahead for SOV and C3V. From a personal standpoint, I really enjoyed submitting my first custom to SOV and loved the feedback. It's great fun.

In that spirit, I would also like to add that for those who feel their personal goals and vision no longer are in line with the C3V and SOV to perhaps start their own projects with other community members. As far as I know, there is no written rule that says only these projects along with superscape and star wars can exists. The more the merrier I believe especially since It really does feel like some of the new generation of players have different ideas for the game. While the game was once made directly for kids, those kids have now grown up and may want to express their creativity in new ways. Mark my words, if the game was to re-released it would look much different than what we know. So please, don't be discouraged, be motivated and help grow the community.

I plan on taking my own advice and will propose a new custom project soon to fill a niche not currently covered by the VC community yet. For those who interact with me on the Facebook group and on this forum, you know I am very passionate about this game but passion alone isn't enough to start a project, you need community involvement and buy in. Hopefully I'm able to inspire others to join the project.

I hope that this discussion will inspire others to take proactive action and help the VC community improve by providing constructive feedback while at the same time investing in Heroscape as a whole to keep the game alive for future generations.

By the way, it's good to see lively discussion on this forum again!