View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2020, 12:37 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of X-O Manowar (Playtesting Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: X-O Manowar @380 points

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: X-O Manowar, Blob, Angel (Warren), Atom (Ray), Ragdoll, Kid Flash, Leatherface, Robot (1200) vs Songbird, Spider-Man, Captain America, Jack Flag, Luke Cage, Speedball (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

-Sheer Force updated to slow down marker loss/self-damage-

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: X-O Manowar, Blob, Angel, Martian Manhunter (I), Lockjaw, Oracle (1200) vs Songbird, Spider-Man, Captain America, Jack Flag, Luke Cage, Speedball (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: One game in so far. First game just took six years to play out, so I'm stopping for today. Not sure about 380 after the first game. The penalties against him in Sheer Force are super harsh; I never whiffed the second attack, but doing that either time would have been a death knell and I was dreading the possibility.

It feels thematically weird to me too. The general dynamic is cool and had me immediately thinking about getting him some Visigoth generics to be his screen, but he lost steam so fast that the mid-level guys started stunting on him after he took two (admittedly very good) turns. It didn't feel particularly Manowar-y.

UPDATED: Manowar's team just kinda crushed it in that one; the Crime Fighter team should have been defensively pretty alright, but uh, that didn't quite pan out.

Notably, the change to Sheer Force between games 1 and 2 made no difference at all in how things played out. The one time it triggered and he had to roll against himself he came up with a skull and chose to take a wound, so same end result as if he had been played with the old version.
Updated the post with game two.