View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2020, 01:32 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Continuing the discussion about these new Yokai, I have a general question in regards to Masha Shingai: would it be possible to amend Fiery Retribution to trigger for Samurai or Yokai? For example:

Quote:
FIERY RETRIBUTION 13
When Masha Shingai, or any Samurai or Yokai that you control within 2 clear sight spaces of Masha Shingai, receives one or more wounds from a normal attack by an attacking figure who is not adjacent, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, deal one wound to the attacking figure.
This change would have no impact on the testing that has already been done on Masha, since he is designed primarily for the Samurai and it doesn't change any other units. It does make for a slight thematic shift if he can avenge both Yokai and Samurai, but it logically follows that he would avenge either type of army that you can expect to find him within (if I had some of the faction laid out way back when he was initially changed to a Yokai, I would've included the synergy then, but unfortunately I didn't have the foresight for that).

Fiery Retribution itself is often fairly weak in practice, but the added synergy with Abe no Seimei and Kincho would result in Masha feeling more valuable for his points in Yokai builds (especially since they're more likely to have high life and low defense than Samurai are). Given that their main issue is quantity of attacks, the extra chance to deal damage is also a nice supplement to the faction and helps them generally feel more cohesive together. I ran some quick tests so far and found this synergy to be reasonable; I would be comfortable with Seimei and Kincho being tested with this synergy in mind.