View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2008, 03:44 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Vancouver WA BIG GIVE Tourny May 31st

Bahde, thanks for setting up and running such a fun event! This was my first tournament, and it left me and Laura both eager to find another one near us.

The one element that I felt interfered with the games was the glyph of Ivor. I've never cared for it in casual games because of its "rich get richer" mechanic. Ranged normal attackers turn into overwhelming artillery pieces; medium-range special-attack figures like Nilfheim and shotgunners get little or no benefit; and melee gets nothing. Sure enough, it felt like a game-decider every time it came up in the tournament. I had it used against me once, and I got it once, and both times its power level was insane.

Other than that, no complaints. I hope it was as successful a fundraiser as it was a game day.