View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2012, 05:24 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Beakface Sneaks

First off congratulations to Super Bogue on the Beakface Sneaks making SoV. I'm really happy that they passed, they were the figure I was anticipating the 2nd most out of all the figures under review, behind only Brimstone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
My gut is telling me these are by far the most competive figure that SoV has released, but it's hard for me to really factor in how fast they fill up the startzone into my assessment of them.
As of right now I don't think they are as strong as the Zettian Infantry. As you know I went 3-2 with an non power ZI build and Tiranx just went 3-1 with them, he had rats and 9000, but no Raelin. I'm interested to see some tournament results with them, so we can actually see how they stack up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
but it's hard for me to really factor in how fast they fill up the startzone into my assessment of them.
I don't think that will be a problem for me, but it's matter of how you plan on playing them. I don't see them as a B&B unit, they just have to many bad match ups. To me they seem like the prototypical sharks, quick strike capabilities combined with low defense and an need to put all your order marker on them until they die. I believe this is one of their big differences from Phantom Knights, PK's usually play as sharks, but they can act as defenders, while the Sneaks can not.

I wonder what the sweet spot will end up being for this guys. To many and they'll fill up your stating zone, and you'll be vulnerable to their bad match ups, on the other hand not enough and you can't fully take advantage of Flocking. 3-5 squads seem like a good number to start with, but at 4 squads they'll have to compete with the plethora of quality 120 point heroes. Whatever the case I'm going to buy an excessive amount of them so I can spam them in casual games.

I'm looking forward seeing what, if any synergies there will be between the Sneaks and the Kenku Wing Mage that's currently in the works at C3V. Allowing the Sneaks to move one more Raptorian with flocking if they end their move within X space of him would be a cool power, but I'm sure what ever they C3V comes up with will be even better.

I'm surprised their medium 4. I saw the figures briefly at Gencon, although I didn't compare them to any scape figures they seemed small to me.