View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2008, 03:47 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishBurrito
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven

Looks like we may have to do some disengaging. I find it interesting that if you pounce, and succeed, you have to take a disengagement roll. But if you pounce, and fail, you just die, no disengagement roll. Take that disengagement!
Well, you cannot pounce someone if you are currently engaged, since pounce is a special attack, and you must attack those you are engaged with before attacking other figures. Which is one thing that really nerfs Nilf.
Very good point. Interesting. We'll have to make sure that goes into the faq section of these guys, cause I think some people (like myself) will have that same question. It just seems different because they move if it works, rather than just a stand-still ranged attack like what Nilf has. Thanks for the clarification!

Unfortunately, I still don't think these guys will see much play. As of right now nobody uses high defense squads in tournament play, at least not ones that can warrant a 5 strength attack. The fact that you lose your wolf if it works makes them iffy to me. You can't win a tournament if you lose everything in the process. What hurts these guys as well is that they only work against small or medium, not the meanies like Q9. Now they should be great for taking out the likes of Raelin, but I doubt that even 1 full squad of wolves would be able to take out raelin without dying. So depending on how expensive the wolves are it may not even be practical to use them to kill her. Yay you killed raelin, but you had to waste 2 squads or a squad and a half of wolves to take her out (considering they will probably cost 40-60 points a squad or so). I guess we'll see later, but unfortunately I doubt these guys will do much in the competive world.

Won't stop me from loving to use them in friendly games tho!